It is no secret that organic food is hailed as a healthier food choice. Consistently overtaking traditional food, organic choices have lived up to the hype of better health. The following points are a few testimonials.
- They have a higher nutritional content including vitamin C, calcium, chromium, magnesium, iron and antioxidant levels.
- They contain no neurotoxins. Commonly used chemical pesticides are still classified as neurotoxins. Organic food therefore, is better suited to children’s diets as they are more susceptible to the toxins.
- Genetically modified food is engineered so as to produce its own pesticides. They continue to produce them in the stomach. Organic food has no such pesticide factories.
- The chemical pesticides are a major factor in water pollution across the world. Eating organic helps reduce a portion of the pollution. It is a sustainable food choice.
- Food grown without the use of chemicals is bound to taste better than traditional choices.
- Organic food is ripened naturally, without the aid of chemicals and/or gas.
- Farms that rely on organic methods are safer for farmers. The potential health risks of getting Parkinson’s and other diseases is greatly reduced with organic choices.
- Wildlife is also saved from harmful exposure to chemicals.
- A large number of chemicals used in traditional farming are known to cause cancer.
- Organic meat is not exposed to antibiotics and growth hormones.
All the reasons listed above fall short in describing the raging popularity and celebration that organic food is enjoying globally.